Monday, June 25, 2007

Driving in Italia

During traffic.
Sliding in at over 110kph.


These two guys sat in the middle of the road for ages....

At 120kph.

Took these snaps on a short stretch of road one day to show you all what goes on the roads here.

Most of these pics are taken at more than 100kph.
I missed a good one - some bloke was lying down on the road chatting to the cops, he caused a massive queue. Any other country the cops would have kicked him in the guts and thrown him in the wagon and be done with it. The 5 coppers just stood and chatted to him. Useless.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Hiya, my experience of traffic on Italian roads was crazy! People got annoyed that we were only going 130kph and kept over taking us!
Hope you're enjoying your travels, I'm very envious of your long holiday :)

See you in Ldn soon? You're coming back for a few days to pick up stuff right?

2:35 pm  
Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

You should visit Pakistan or India man, that is nothing! Picture Italian driving styles but with 10 times more cars and a lot of unroad worthy boxes with wheels purporting to be cars.

11:05 am  
Blogger j a s o n said...

Pakistan does not think of itself as a cutting edge modern developed country though, does it?

Italy, I think, probably does. And fails :D

Don't know why so many people love it there...give me France any day!

7:36 pm  
Blogger j a s o n said...

London = bombs, bad weather, grimness...I'll be back on a fleeting visit 13 July.

See youse then!

7:38 pm  
Blogger Joe said...

Jason you should have loved it... seeing what a keen Formula 1 fan you are!

Crap - I'm leaving for India on 12th July! Will have to catch you in HK.

10:20 pm  
Blogger j a s o n said...

The horn got lots of use...though some of my antics were even scary for the Locals I got a "mumma mia!" when I nearly hit a bus in Porto Fino...

Look forward to seeing you in HK!!!

10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter