Friday, June 08, 2007

Bonn, Maastrict, Spa










I stay the night in London on Wednesday at Sunny & Cora's. Thanks guys for having me again, very much appreciated!

A hurried pack for 6 weeks and 4hrs sleep later, I am in a taxi on way to London Victoria train station and Gatwick Express for a plane to Cologne/Bonn.

German efficiancy has by bag ready the moment I walk out of customs.

In Bonn I enjoy the gorgeous Summer weather 27C. I stroll and wandering the town, which surprisingly quaint and cosy. The highlight is the Cathedral which dominates the main square.

I took time to have a snooze in the main park in the sun, lushous! All the students had the same idea and it looked an enjoyable time in the sun for most lucky enough not to be working inside offices.

In the afternoon, I travel to Maastrict, Netherlands. What an amazing place! lovely cobble streets, a mix of old and new and much larger than I imagined. There is much to discover in this town and I would recommend a visit! Drinks was lovely in the main square followed by a michelin style dinner in a quiet street. I stay the night at a friend's apartment, located on the 4th floor of a block located in a lovely street 2 mins from the main square, what a location!

The next morning, its a drive out to Champagne, France. But, on the way we make a detour to Spa Francorchamps, one of my favourite Grand Prix tracks. One of my "must do" things seen. I am a happy chappy! Lucky for us there was also practise for Belgium touring cars and Formula Fords. As always with Grand Prix, it rained on us....but the rain disappeared after we left Spa...interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter