Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Back home...to Scotland

Andy at lunch

Autumn in the highland forests

A wee loch in the Highlands


I took the opportunity of not having my passport to travel back up to my 2nd home - to Scotland.

Andy kindly picked me up in his new 4WD and we drove up to central Scotland to enjoy the fresh air and stretch the legs. Good to be walking again. I've missed it too much! Autumn has truly arrived up North, its 10C cooler than London, the country is awash with yellows, oranges and reds. The purple of the hills really stands out this time of year, magic.

Perfect Scottish weather, misty, foggy, drizzle. Wouldnt have it any other way.

Brydie and Andy Mac were also visiting Aviemore at the family house and it was great to catch up with them, and get excited about their new life as entrepreneurs and big dog owners! Harry the retriever is gentle and energetic. Great enthusiasm and lifts your spirits.

People always are amazed by my love of Scotland, its the land and its people, that have my heart. My dear friends who are so real, so kind and welcoming, who share my passion of the outdoors, and provide such great perspective to the hectic city life I lead in London. I miss it there.

The next day I'm back in Edinburgh chilling out with Rory and Sarah, baby Cameron is running around on his tots now. Only a month ago he was crawling. Life is amazing.

He shows he his soccer kicking style and puts me to shame! His smile just lights up the room.

Was another great trip back. Hope to do more walking next time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My home country is indeed beautiful :-) Edinburgh's known as the Athens of the North. Better plumbing though...

1:15 am  
Blogger Joe said...

Your pictures are incredible! Much more scenic than my weekend trip to outer Birmingham!

7:05 pm  
Blogger Jean said...

Pictures are magical... now I really have to go visit my friends in Edinburgh.

12:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter