Sunday, September 17, 2006

Big Day Big City

Wow what a day in London Town. Took Nick shopping in town, resulting in some great purchases, namely cufflinks and a suit from Saville Row - luckily nothing for me! Met up with the crew for Lunch at Portobello Road, famous for its street markets, with all sorts of assorted nic nax for sale, from silverware, army surplus, old china etc etc etc. It was great to see and experience, and the crowds were heaving. Had a delicious Thai lunch ( who says food in UK is all bad? ), there are some gems.

More shopping at Selfridges back in town before a quiet night at Keith's.

Then at midnight I attempted to hail a cab from centre of town...good luck. I walked, and walked, and walked! Throught the massive crowds and clubbers, the place was full to bursting point. I soon got fed up with being ignored by Black Cabs, I decided to go down the errily quiet / empty Pall Mall and towards the Palace. 30 mins later I had reached Buckingham Palace, which was brilliant to see at night. I hadn't passed anyone along the way. At the Palace, there was not a soul around, it felt special having it all to myself.

Finally a kind Cabbie accepted my fare home, what a drama! I was about to challenge myself with the long walk home - maybe next time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

What an adventure mate!

And what a way to be introduced to London. Actually quite enjoyed watching Nick flirting through the stores and making fun of overly trendy shoes in front of the staff.

Speaking of such things, I think I'm gonna buy that dark brown jacket I tried on. We should go back to Self's sometime.

10:21 am  
Blogger j a s o n said...

iqbal,

you have only been here a week and already sucked in!!!

spend on brother.

money is your friend.

12:30 am  
Blogger j a s o n said...

battens!

thanks for dropping by!

lovely to see you here! i hear its 30C in Sydney - wow...

hope you are all well and congratulations again - I feel suddenly old now I hear my mates are having child No.2.

see you in December!

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter