Sunday, October 08, 2006

Moving Flat, 30 Sept

Dark street level view, but you get the idea. I live under the door...

Finally the day has come!

I'm moving again - this time to North London into a small basement studio flat. From now on I can walk to town and the commute will only be 30mins to work! Rather than the 90mins it was from Putney Bridge.

I take an early morning bus ride on Saturday to Baker Street to pick up the keys and do the inventory check, then out to Heathrow to pick up a hire car. The traffic is very heavy, but I am excited. Its two full car loads before I am all done, including my bike and 5 backpacks.

Thanks Mus and Keith for helping me move stuff in, much appreciated!

The first night and the street is loud, a street party gaggle of students stays up to the wee hours before singing happy birthday...I have the ear plugs in...hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Its fantastic to have the luxury of my own place again, the feeling of freedom is energising and exciting.

Also a sad good bye to Victor, who is returning to work in Hong Kong and Nick who returns to Sydney after a month here.

The next day isnt so great, Mus and Joe come around for a days touring to the New Forest....The traffic is so stupidly heavy that I give up after 2.5 hrs crawling to the M25...The large invigorating coffee we have keeps me awake til 2am too...but I am still so happy to be independent again!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice door mate!

3:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter