Friday, May 18, 2007

Mothers' Day




Dad and I spent Mothers' Day on the lovely British Rail system for 14hrs to and Manchester for the football. Of course the track was under engineering work, of course we had to take a bus replacement, and of course it would take us 7hrs each way, rather than the 4hours as promised.

It was a once in a lifetime journey, and he said "never again"...ah the frustration of travel within the UK...

Great game though and we saw Manchester United hold aloft their Premiership Cup. Manchester itself was as I remembered it, grey, dull, raining and cold.

Meanwhile Mum was home alone struggling to work out my TV and digibox set up, only to be rescued by a package....
Thoughtful sister had used internet to order flowers to be delivered to my flat.
All in all a happy, but long day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I think National Rail should have the slogan 'We're not too bad except on Sundays'. I don't know how they manage to find track work to do every Sunday on every single line!

8:20 am  
Blogger j a s o n said...

What really gets my goat, is that you find all these Rail workers in their hardhats, steel capped boots and orange vests just standing around in groups of 20.

Work you useless overpaid turds! otherwise give me the train back!

I look forward to seeing bamboo scaffolding...the land where things seem to get done in good time.

Or am i dreaming?

10:21 am  
Blogger Joe said...

No, you are right. 'Cancelled/delayed due to maintenance/breakdown/line failure/signal failure/children on tracks/absent driver/fire' is not something you will hear in HK...

9:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Jase,

Its Heidi. Hey pretty good website. Way more pics than the last one. I should do something like this with all my African pics etc.

Glad u have u folks over there and are having a great time.

2:46 pm  
Blogger j a s o n said...

Hey Hides!

Welcome welcome!

Yes, you should definately get yourself a blog, and show us all your great adventures Blogs are really easy and free.

look forward to seeing it online.

11:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter