Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Current Commute

As a reply to Dan's email from Sydney, detailing his lovely waterborne commute, I have taken some pictures to illustrate my current commute to work.

I'm living now in town, at Marylebone, Inner west London.

This is the view from the front door, this is Gloucester Place, a main road, with buses coaches, taxis and cars streaming along 24hrs a day...yes I am used to the noise!

Turning left and we see the rubbish to be collected and the neat pavement leading to Baker Street Tube...I chose a particularly brilliant morning, not a cloud in the sky! RARE!


This is Baker Street some 3 minutes walk from my door, more rubbish, some jay walking and I have NO idea what that guy is doing in the phone box!


Baker Street tube, and the famous London Underground signs in the near distance is Madame Tussauds.



Blurry photo of me swiping my Oyster card over the ticket machine, Green for go!





Rush in the morning, deep into the earth. Stand on the right, rush lane on the left.




Some 25mins later an its off the Tube deep in East London, Canary Wharf station.


Rat Race!
Everyone wears black, navy, brown and grey. Spot the odd ones out!

Drone Drone Drone....

Always feel for these guys peddling the last of morning freedom to the office workers before the LONG office day begins.

The mightly Docklands Light Rail DLR.


Welcome to work....thats the last sunlight you will see for the rest of the day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I love the photos esp. the one of the tube tunnel.

8:47 am  
Blogger Joe said...

Everything in London is pretty when the sun shines. Except the tube.

6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cool, mate. So different.
Looks like the Oyster Card has changed design since I was there. Cat still thinks the Tube is better than the Paris Metro. *sigh*

6:34 am  
Blogger j a s o n said...

Cat has gotta be dreamin'

I have used the Metro during the week and during the Weekends - about 6 times over a period of 3 yrs.

NEVER EVER has it been delayed or hampered by problems in that time. Gone are the days of Parisien strikes.

She can tell me about the magnificent TUBE after she spends a wee bit of time using it...may I suggest the District line. As entree. Just have a look at the delay board any time of the day.

Just last week I was standing at Bank station shaking my head and muttering "tin pot country" when they announced a 15min delay at peak hour. The Platform was so full I couldnt take my small camera out to take a photo of the crowding.

Enjoy mes amis!! I'm outta here!

They predict the population of London to go up 30% in the next 3 years.

12:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter