Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Affluenza, again

Received a great email from a mate of mine this week as reply to my recent talk of Affluenza.
I couldn't have expressed it any better! Thanks D.

.....................

"I think the key is to begin not worshipping all this stuff too early. We're still young in our careers- having a more philospophical outlook on life is important.
I don't want to be obsessed with status. At times I am, and I'm ashamed of this. It's totally meaningless. When it comes to the time when your on your deathbed, I don't want to look back on a life spent pursuing things which don't have any meaning.

People, friendships, families- these are far more important. I know it's become trite to say such things, but well... you know what I mean! I'd rather have these than a flashy car or impressive wrist watch or huge yacht or whatever. I'm materialistic... for sure... but I try not to stake my worth on what I own- it's a grave mistake to make."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter