Sunday, December 10, 2006

Annual Migration

It is at Christmas time, when the days become short and colder winds blow in the north of the planet, that the Chun Bong makes its long journey South. And it is always through Hong Kong, where festive feasting can begin, on its annual migration to the restful island of Oz.

Yes i have been watching too much Attenburough..."Planet Earth", check it out.

My Grandma put on a wee home cooked feast for me including Sweetcorn and fish soup, her world famous Soya Chicken, Chinese Greens, Cashew Nuts and Chicken livers, and sweet and sour pork! Made the twelve hour flight worthwhile! And first for a long time the pollution was less pronounced, I would dare to say even fresh!

Saturday was an enjoyable day at Burough Markets with the London crew, and funnily enough the TV in HK had a food show devoted to the delights of this market!

Only a day here, then home sweet home to warmer climate of Sydney. Yum Cha with the relos and some Street Congee first though!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

My goodness - just reading the description of your grandmother's cooking is making my mouth water! I am very envious ;)

10:43 am  
Blogger j a s o n said...

Yes, very spoilt! I heard the house negro cooked on Sunday! How did I miss out?!

MSG levels in HK were a surprise. And no Egg Tarts due to an Avian Flu chicken egg scare - No matter, yummy ones were awaiting in Sydney!

Made a trip to the Fish Markets first think - yabbies are good! And proper sized tasty Prawns!

6:47 pm  
Blogger Jean said...

House negro's cooking... compared to your grandma's, you didn't miss out on much! ;) No, it was nice ... will invite you over when you're back and I'll "encourage" him to cook for you.

Ah - fish markets in Syd, that's definitely something I miss about home.

12:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter