Wednesday, May 05, 2010

First Day in London


Marylebone High Street, Daunt Books


Fortnum & Mason Tea



Waitrose, new look, still so good


UK, the land of the newspaper





It is a sign, my two favourite cars, LandRover 90 and Mini Cooper S




Cutest traffic car

It's great to catch up with Sunny & Cora, their exciting news is a move to St John's Wood next week to larger premises. I'm abit sad, cos I really love the Baker Street area, as do they. But it is time for a bigger place, and extra bedroom and a bigger kitchen.

No jet lag as yet. No sleep on the flight over, so I was quite spent. 7hrs sleep was all I could manage though.

Early morning is made up of left over pizza for breakfast (Strada, so yummy), Peppermint and Chai from Twopigs tea bags and figuring out what to do for the day and arranging meet ups.

Out the door by 10am and its a glorious if brisk morning. The sun is up and its great feeling to walk past my old corner store and barber, then down to Marylebone High Street to enjoy the shopping on offer. An hour spent in Daunt's Books, but remembering I have no space in my bags...

Then over to Vodafone to sort out my laptop and mobile.

It's all so familiar.

Over to the Scandinavia furniture shops Vitsoe being a new one for me on Dank Street and the new Monocle tiny shop on George Street. Then a wander down any and every street around W1. Soaking up the sights, it is really a stupidly wealth driven location. Bentley GTs on every corner, and beautifully kept houses and flats, complete with box flowers and the streets are immaculately posh London.

Lunch is a splurge at Fortnum & Mason, with Lady Grey Tea and a steaming hot Fish Pie. Yummy. The other people around me have annoyingly posh accents, and annoyingly arrogant comments but are overly tight on their purses. Familiar. I do up my cuffs and try best to be proper with my cutlery and sipping my tea. Then I go downstairs to stare at the premium gourmet food on offer, and wonder that there are people who actually eat like this all the time.

I'm tiring and decide to get home by 4pm to do some work and rest.

More Volcanic eruptions in Iceland.....ah dammit. The train north will be heaving.

iPhone camera is getting a thorough work out and seems the most useful for capturing those interesting sights especially in the shops and where lots of people are about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter